The Zoning By-law implements the policies set out in the Town's Official Plan.

The By-law divides the Town into zones -- each with specific uses.  View the maps below for more information.

The Zoning By-law regulates:

  • Land use
  • Building location on a property
  • The height, bulk, location, size, floor area, space and use of buildings and structures
  • Parking and loading facilities

In certain situations, the Zoning By-law also requires compliance with Minimum Distance Separation (MDS) Formulae which mitigates odour between agricultural and non-agricultural uses. 

Find your zoning

Find out what zoning regulations apply to your property by using our zoning maps. Find the zoning map number for your property using our zoning index. Then look up the corresponding zoning map listed below to find your specific zone:

Review the Zoning By-law by section

We've divided the Zoning-Bylaw into sections to make it easier for you to search through the by-law and find the section you need.

Learn how to use the by-law


View the following schedules in the Zoning By-law:


View the appendices to the Zoning by-law:

Amending the Zoning By-law

Sometimes it's not possible to meet all of the Zoning By-law requirements. You can change your plans to meet the requirements, or apply for a preliminary meeting to discuss your proposal. If you can't meet the Zoning By-law you may need to apply for either a Zoning By-law Amendment or a Minor Variance application. 

Request a compliance letter

A compliance letter can be used for:

  • Written confirmation of the Official Plan designation and Zoning of a property
  • Establishing an Inspection Station
  • Establishing a Propane Cylinder Exchange program
  • Establishing a Day Nursery
  • Establishing a Before/After School Program

Request a compliance Letter.

Request a zoning certificate

You can apply to have your zoning reviewed (including uses and buildings/structures) to see whether it complies. A Zoning Certificate may be requested for any reason, including:

  • To have a zoning review done before you submit a planning application
  • For a proposed Motor Vehicles Sales (OMVIC)
  • For a proposed propane distribution centre
  • For a proposed day nursery

Request a Zoning Certificate Application.

Request a legal non-conforming use

A legal non-conforming use is a use which was legally established under the Zoning By-law in effect at the time the use began but which is not currently permitted. You can apply to have a use recognized as a legal non-conforming use so long as the original use has continued uninterrupted at that location until today. 

For new applications

Request a Legal Non-Conforming Use 

To add information in response to a refusal

If you get a letter from the Town refusing your request for a Legal Non-Conforming use, you can add information.

Add information to your request when it is refused