Farm Properties

A large part of the Town of Caledon is farmland. If you own a farm, your property may be eligible for certain tax exemptions or incentives. To qualify, your property will have to be assessed.

Farm property assessments

The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) provides property assessments for farmland in Ontario. These property assessments help determine your annual tax rate. You can appeal your property assessment if you disagree with the outcome.

MPAC looks for five key elements when conducting farm property assessments:

  • Farmland
  • Residence
  • Residence land
  • Farm outbuildings
  • Other buildings

Check out MPAC's video to learn more about how they assess farm properties.