RSS IconRSS Print IconPrint Text Size Plus icon Minus icon

Development Charges and Fees

Throughout the development process there are different fees, charges and securities which will be required to be submitted to the Town.


  • Building FeesOur by-laws include Building Permit Fees that are required upon submission of a Building Permit Application to the Town of Caledon. These fees are dependent on the type of application.
  • Planning Fees: Planning fees for various Development Applications are found in the Fees by-law. These fees are dependent on the application type and are required throughout the processing of the application from the initial submission to approval or registration. Visit for more information.


Securities are required by the Town to ensure that site works are completed in accordance with an approval. Securities are posted with the Town when finalizing a building permit (in the case of pools, lot grading, etc.) or when approaching approval of a development application (site plan, plan of subdivision, etc.) For more information, visit our Securities page.

Development Charges

Development Charges are imposed to collect funds for capital works or services resulting from new growth. These charges are payable prior to the issuance of a Building Permit.

More information about by-laws, rates and studies:  Development Charges (2014 Study).

More information about new by-laws, rates and studies: Development Charges (2019 Study).


The Town of Caledon collects Cash-in-Lieu of Parkland and Cash-in-Lieu of Parking. Cash-in-Lieu of Parkland is collected prior to the issuance of a Building Permit. Cash-in-Lieu of Parking is collected prior to the issuance of a Building Permit within the Bolton Core where sufficient parking cannot be provided. Visit the cash-in-lieu page for more information.