If you have incurred costs that you believe the Town of Caledon should be responsible for, please submit a Risk Management Claim Report

to have your claim considered. 

Please note that according to the Municipal Act:

  • The notification of your claim must be in writing.
  • If the claim is the result of an incident that happened on a road, sidewalk, or bridge, you must submit your claim, detailing the location of the incident and the injury, within 10 days after the injury occurred.
  • Failure to give notice may be a bar to recovery.

Claims process

We will provide payment for property damage or bodily injury if the Town is found legally liable.

Regardless of your claim's status, please ensure:

  • your personal safety;
  • the safety of your property (including minimizing any further loss); and
  • the safety of others as soon as possible.

Make sure to contact your own insurance provider and notify them of your loss.

Confirm the road's jurisdiction

Before submitting your claim, you can save time by confirming the jurisdiction over the road you were travelling on.

Region of Peel

For claims involving the Region of Peel, please contact:

Loss Management

Region of Peel

905-791-7800 x. 4269

Ministry of Transportation

For claims involving the Ministry of Transportation (vehicle damage on Highway 410, Highway 10 or Highway 9), please contact:

MTO Risk Management and Insurance Services Branch