Marriage Licensing

COVID-19 Update: If you would like a marriage license issued, you can visit Town Hall by appointment only

Before your appointment, please complete the Marriage Licence Application. The application must be signed by both individuals but only one marriage applicant has to come in person with the application and supporting documents.

You must get your Marriage Certificate within 90 days after the date we issue your Marriage Licence. You can use your Marriage Licence anywhere in Ontario

Marriage licensing fee

The marriage licensing fee is $150.00. You can pay by cash, Interac, Visa or MasterCard.


Make sure that you have two original valid pieces of identification for each marriage applicant. Please note we do not accept Health cards. 

Examples of government-issued identification:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Valid Passport
  • Canadian Citizenship Card
  • Valid Driver's Licence
  • Valid Ontario Photo Card

Remarry after a divorce

If you have been married before, we need the original or court-certified copy of the Certificate of Divorce. The court that granted the divorce can certify a copy. Please note we do not accept a Divorce Order. 

Please note: We do not accept photocopies

If you were divorced outside of Canada, you will need to provide certain documents to prove that you are no longer married. If the documents are in a language other than English or French, you must provide a certified translation. Learn more