Freedom of Information Requests

The Town of Caledon provides public access to many documents but certain records are only released through the Freedom of Information (FOI) process outlined by the province's Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act

The Act contributes to the transparency of government while ensuring individual rights to privacy.

Commonly Requested Records

Review commonly requested records to see how you can access them and if a Freedom of Information request is necessary. Fees may apply to obtain certain records.  

Building Permits, Plans or Drawings

If you are the property owner, you can request to see all building permits, plans and drawings by contacting Building Services at 905-584-2272 x. 2233. If you are not the registered property owner, you must submit a Freedom of Information Request to access these records.

Planning Development and Committee of Adjustment Applications

You can request various Town Development and Committee of Adjustment application records by contacting Planning Services at 905-584-2272 x. 7338.

 Police Records (O.P.P.)

The Town of Caledon does not process requests for Ontario Provincial Police (O.P.P.) records. To request these records, please contact the Ministry of the Solicitor General directly.

Bid Information and Awarded Contracts

All public bid information is available. This includes awarded contracts with the vendor name and award amount. If you do not see any award information, these bids may be under review by the Town with no award decision yet made. For specific questions, please email us and the assigned buyer for the procurement will assist in providing you a response directly.  

Fitness Attendance Records 

If you are the Fitness Member, or if you have the written consent to disclosure of personal information from the Fitness Member, you can request to see all fitness attendance records by contacting Recreation Services at 905-584-2272 x. 7327.  

Assessment Rolls

Through the Assessment Act of Ontario, assessment roll information is open to the public. All assessment information, except for owners' names, is available to be viewed online by accessing MPAC

Property Surveys and Reference Plans

Property surveys may be available from Land Survey Records or by contacting the local surveyor or lawyer who completed your land purchase registration. 

Make a Freedom of Information Request

Fill out the Freedom of Information request form. Make sure to include detailed information about the record(s) you're requesting. If you can, please specify the type of information you are looking for by providing dates for the information and identifying the relevant Town Division. If you are requesting information about more than one property, please submit one request per municipal property address. 

Submit the form along with a $5.00 fee to:

Freedom of Information Coordinator
Town of Caledon
6311 Old Church Rd.
Caledon, ON L7C 1J6

You will receive a response within 30 calendar days from the date we receive your completed request form and fee. Please note a time extension may be required if your request involves an extensive search or a large volume of records.

Additional Fees and Charges

We may charge additional fees based on the Freedom of Information Fee Schedule to cover the cost of processing your request and photocopying. This fee will vary depending on the documents requested. If the cost is more than $25.00, the Town will provide a fee estimate before processing the request. If the fee is more than $100, the Town will require a 50% deposit before processing the request. All fees must be received before records are released.

Appeal and Access Request Submission

If you are not satisfied with the Town's decision about your access request, you can file an appeal with the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.