Document Commissioning

Book an Appointment

  • The Town of Caledon offers Commissioner of Oath services every Thursday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. by appointment 
  • Contact us at 905-584-2272 x. 2366 to book an appointment. The Commissioner of Oaths service must be made by the same individual who will be taking the oath and signing the document. 
  • Review the list of acceptable documents below and confirm that the document you are looking to have commissioned is listed. 
    • More than one (1) document can be commissioned per appointment.

Please note: We do not provide notary public services.  

Acceptable documents

Documents that we can commission:

  • Adult Name Change documents
  • Affidavit for Lost/Stolen or Damaged Passport
  • Affidavit from the Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal
  • Affidavit of a Lost Cheque
  • Affidavit of Proof of Loss of Motor Vehicle/boat (from an Insurance Company)
  • Affidavit of Proof of Residency
  • Affidavit of Unregistered Vehicle (boats, motorcycles, snowmobiles, trailers etc.)
  • Canadian Citizenship forms
  • Delayed Statement of Live Birth
  • Domestic and Foreign Pension document (*Proof of Life)
  • Immunization exemptions
  • Statutory Declaration for Motor Vehicle Deals Compensation Fund
  • Statutory Declaration for OSAP - Statement of Common Law Status/Supporting Children
  • Statutory Declaration of Apprenticeship Hours
  • Statutory Declaration of Lost Identification (must include police report number)
  • Statutory Declaration of Theft of a GST or Federal Cheque
  • Statutory of a Lost/Stolen/Counterfeit Bank Card
  • Sworn Statement for the Transfer of a Used Motor Vehicle in the Province of Ontario
  • Town of Caledon generated documents
  • Travel Affidavit

*Pension documents will state what individuals are authorized to certify/confirm the proof of life document.

Not acceptable documents

Documents that we do not commission:

  • Age of Majority or BYID Card Application
  • Certified True Copies
  • Court, Legal or Civil issue related documents
  • Custody documents
  • Declaration for Replacement of Shares
  • Declaration of a Translator
  • Declaration or Claimant and Indemnity
  • Divorce, Separation, Marriage, Common Law or Cohabitation documents
  • Documents related to debt
  • Documents requiring the signature of a Notary Public from Countries outside of Canada
  • Power of Attorney
  • Real Estate related documents
  • Statement of Arrears
  • Statutory Declaration of Progress Payment Distribution - Holdback Security Deposits
  • Tender documents
  • Wills, "Living Wills", Codicils to Wills or Estate Settlement documents

Prepare for Your Appointment 

Please ensure you have the following items with you prior to attending Town Hall for your appointment: 

  • One original piece of photo identification in the form of government-issued photo identification.
    • i.e. a valid driver's license, which includes your address.
  • The document you require commissioned.
    • The document can be completed prior to attending your appointment, however must be signed in front of the Commissioner.

Please note: The contents within the document is your sole responsibility. By swearing the oath, your are attesting that the details contained in the documents are true and correct. 

Attend Your Appointment 

  • Please arrive at Town Hall, 6311 Old Church Road, Caledon, and enter through fronts doors at your scheduled appointment time. 
  • You will be greeted by a Service Caledon Associate. 
  • Your appointment will take approximately fifteen (15) minutes. 
  • You will be required to pay the Commissioning Fees as set out in the Town's Fees By-law.

   The fee is:

  • $33.90 for 1 to 4 documents
  • $57.63 for 5 documents or more

Please note: There is no fee applied to commissioning services for Domestic and Foreign Pension (Proof of Life) Documents.