Rental and Events Applications

View our Facility Directory to find the perfect location in the Town of Caledon for your next event, meeting or sporting activity.

Rental and Events Application Form

Booking your rental or event has never been easier!  Use our one-stop Rental and Events Application for one-time rentals, seasonal requests or special events.

Rental and Event examples:

One-Time Rental: meeting, family skate etc.
Seasonal Rental: weekly meeting, sport league etc.
Special Event: events that may require permits, road closures or consultation with a Town of Caledon department etc.

NEW FOR 2023: The Town of Caledon is working to make it easier for Indigenous communities to access public spaces to celebrate their culture and ceremony. This is part of our commitment to Indigenous Reconciliation. We're waiving rental-related fees for using Town owned spaces for events that serve the Indigenous community, including Indigenous organizations, groups, families, or individuals. When completing your Application Form, please specify.

Book ice time with Catch Corner

Summer Availability Now Open! Book your ice time from now until August 31st, 2024 from home/over your mobile device through Catch Corner!
Check availability and book here.

Check Availability Now

Check availability for rental options for the next 45 days. For bookings outside of the next 45 days, please complete the Rental and Events Application Form below.

For other inquires contact us at or 905-584-2272 for more information.

Rental and Events Application Form

Seasonal Application Timelines

Facility Type


Application Deadline

Rooms and Halls

September - August

March 31 of current year


September - April

March 31 of current year

Arenas and Floors

April - August

November 30 of previous year

Swimming Pools

September - June, July - August

March 1 of current year

November 15 of previous year

Outdoor Facilities

May - October

January 31 of current year

Dates are subject to change

Additional Requirements

Customers are required to submit additional documentation depending on the activity taking place. Staff contact will discuss the requirements at the time of booking


The Town of Caledon permits alcohol at certain rental facilities. All rentals involving alcohol must follow the Municipal Alcohol Policy & Procedures.  More information can be found on our By-laws and Policies page.  

You must obtain a Special Occasion Permit from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.  Permit must be visibly posted within the event location. 

All servers must be Smart Serve Certified.  Copies of each certificate must be provided to your recreation representative

All required documents are to be provided to your recreation representative at least two weeks prior to the event

Event Organizer Agreement
An Event Organizer Agreement must be signed and returned to your recreation representative.  Please contact us for a copy
Outdoor Events

Notice of Event

Applicants must provide notice to the Town, the local police service, fire department and health agency.  Notice must be provided 30 days prior to the event date.  A notification received by the Town will be circulated to the appropriate Town departments for comment.  A fee may be applicable

Beer Gardens

All events with alcohol held in certain Town parks must have a beer garden enclosure with controlled access.  Beer gardens must adhere to the conditions set in the Special Occasion Permit.  Town staff will set up the beer garden at an additional fee.  A site map must be provided illustrating dimensions, entrance and exit and the location within the park



All users renting a facility or park must have liability insurance when using Town-owned or operated property. This includes third parties (e.g. vendors, caterers, performers). Insurance requirements depends on the type of rental and activities taking place.

A Vendor Listing Form must be completed for all rentals where vendors are present. The form will be provided at the time of booking.

Providing Liability Insurance

There are two options for facility agreement holders to submit liability insurance to the Town:

Option A: Purchase Insurance - Facility User Liability Insurance Program

Insurance can be purchased directly from the Facility User Liability Insurance Program offered by Firstbrook Cassie & Anderson Limited. The online portal can be used to create an account to obtain a direct quote or to purchase insurance. For more information on the program visit the Insurance Resources section.

Access Online Portal Here

Option B: Provide Proof of Insurance - Facility Agreement Holder's Insurance Policy

A liability insurance policy may be purchased from an insurance provider of your choice. The insurance provider must complete a Certificate of Insurance Coverage Form. The Town will not accept any other form for insurance coverage. For more information on insurance requirements visit the Insurance Resources section.

Insurance Resources

Additional insurance information can be found using the following resources:

Facility User Liability Insurance Information

Facility User Liability Insurance FAQ

Facility Permit Insurance Requirements

Facility User Rating Guide

Contact Information 

Firstbrook Cassie & Anderson Limited

1867 Yonge St. # 300, Toronto ON M4W 1Y5

Phone: 416-486-1421

Toll Free: 1-800-267-0281


Direct Contacts:


 Purchase Insurance

 Special Events

Special event organizers may need to apply for certain permits to follow local, provincial and federal legislation

Accessible Events
When organizing a special event it is important to ensure it is inclusive of individuals with disabilities.  The Planning Accessible Events guide is a useful tool for planning indoor events.  For information on accessible outdoor events, visit the Guide to Accessible Festivals & Outdoor Events

Town of Caledon's online community calendar

To advertise community events on the Town of Caledon's online community calendar, please visit our Events Calendar page

Outdoor community sign

Advertising on outdoor community signs throughout the Town can be requested at no charge.  For more information, please visit our Sport and Recreation Group page


Some community events may attract media attention.  If members of the media are anticipated to attend your event, please advise your recreation representative

Posters in recreation facilities

Community events may be eligible to post event material in Town recreation facilities.  All advertising material must be submitted to your recreation representative for approval.  If approved, additional copies may be required for distribution.

Temporary signs

Event organizers who wish to promote their event by temporary signage may find additional information on our Permanent and Temporary Signs page

Amplified Sound 
Amplified sound must not disturb adjoining property owners during the day and is prohibited from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am as indicated under the Town of Caledon Noise By-law, unless authorized by the Town.  For more information on Town By-laws, please visit our By-laws and Policies page
Disposable Waste 


Garbage bins are located in Town facilities and parks.  If additional garbage containers and bags are required at your event, please discuss with your recreation representative

Recycling and organics

The Region of Peel offers recycling and organic collection for eligible special events.  Please visit Region of Peel Waste Management for more information

Food at Public Events 

All event organizers must follow the Region of Peel's Food Safety Guidelines for Special Events.

For more information regarding serving / selling food at your event or having food vendors present at your event, please visit the Region of Peel's food safety at special events page


Unlicensed gambling or gaming on Town owned property is strictly prohibited.  Licenses may be obtained to feature gambling or gaming as part of the event under the following parameters:

Registered charitable organizations

Registered charitable organizations may be considered for a gaming licences by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario

Raffle, break open tickets and bingo

Eligible local charitable or religious organizations where total prizes to be awarded do not exceed $50,000 my apply for a license by contacting Service Caledon 

Ground Staking
Town properties may have underground utilities (hydro or gas) buried below the surface of the ground and as such event organizers and all invitees or others in connection with the event are prohibited from using stakes into the ground for equipment (inflatable amusements or tents)
Inflatable Amusements 
Indoor inflatable amusements are not permitted.  Outdoor events may request to have inflatable amusements if provided by a third party vendor that is licensed by the Technical Standards and Safety Authority.  The vendor must provide a Certificate of Insurance.  Additional conditions may apply.  Please discuss with your recreation representative
Notice of Event

It is recommended that the following organizations are notified of large events to ensure a quick response in case of an emergency.  Please ensure to include event/organization name, contact information, event date, time and location, brief description, expected attendance and site plan.

Town of Caledon Fire and Emergency Services

Caledon OPP

Region of Peel Emergency Services

Paid Duty Police Officers
Assistance from the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) may be required for large events using the road, sidewalk or for traffic congestion.  To inquire or arrange for paid duty police officers, please contact OPP
Parking is available at most facilities and parks.  The Town of Caledon Traffic By-laws must be followed if guests are parking on the street.  A parking pass may be requested, but some exceptions apply.  For more information regarding Town by-laws, please visit our By-laws and Policies page
Road closures and intermittent stoppage

Town of Caledon roads

The use of Town roads or sidewalks for an event requires approval. More information may be found at Town of Caledon Roads

Region of Peel roads

Events on regional roads must have approval from the Region of Peel.  More information may be found at Region of Peel Special Event Road Closure Permits

Stages and Tents
Stages and tents require approval for events held on Town property.  Some stages and tents may require a building permit. Please discuss with your recreation representative    
The Town requires notification of any events or organized use on trails in Caledon.  Please contact us or complete a rental request form.