Report a Concern

Find out how to report a variety of animal issues in the Town of Caledon.

Cruelty or neglect

To report an incident of cruelty or neglect, please call the Provincial animal welfare line at 1-833-9ANIMAL (264625) or contact the Caledon OPP at 1-888-310-1122.

Animal bites

To report an animal bite where the skin has been broken, please contact:

For after-hours emergencies, please call 1-800-563-7881.

Stray, sick or injured animals

To report an urgent issue about a stray domestic animal (certain conditions apply) or a sick and/or injured animal, please contact us by phone at 905-584-2272 x 4698. For after-hours emergencies, please call 1-800-563-7881.

Dead animals

Have you spotted a dead animal on the side of the road? Find out how to report and dispose of dead animals found on public and private property.

On public property

If you find a dead animal on public property, such as a road or boulevard, contact us by email or give us a call.

On private property

If there is a dead animal on your property, it is your responsibility to remove the animal. When handling a dead animal, you should:
  • Wear rubber gloves or protective material
  • Throw away any used gloves or protective materials
  • Wash your hands thoroughly after handling carcasses
  • Disinfect any tool that touched the animal.

If you don't want to collect and dispose of the dead animal, you can hire a private business. Contact your local pest control agency.


Caledon is home to many livestock farms in rural areas. Learn how to report issues with livestock.

 Loss of livestock or poultry

If you lose livestock or poultry because of a wildlife attack, you should report this issue immediately so that a Livestock Valuer can investigate the issue. Please call us at 905-584-2272 x 4698 from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., or afterhours at 1-800-563-7881.

The Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program and the Protection of Livestock and Poultry from Dogs Act regulates claims and compensations for livestock losses.

 Farm animals at large

If you notice a farm animal wandering outside of an enclosure, please contact us immediately to report the issue. Call us at 905-584-2272 x 4698.