Caledon Fire Media Centre


Select a Date Range
Caledon Fire and Emergency Services vehicles

Caledon Fire Department launches Home Safe Home campaign

Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2022 11:39 AM

June 16, 2022 – Caledon Fire and Emergency Services is preparing for the “Home Safe Home” door-to-door campaign again this year to focus on home kitchen fire safety. Residents can expect to see fire crews in various neighbourhoods and firefighters knocking on doors.

Firefighters will be providing information on how to be fire safe and answering any questions you may have concerning fire safety in your home.

“The Town of Caledon supports the principle of preventing fires before they happen by taking...

Burn permits

Burning brush this spring? Don’t forget your burning permit

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2022 11:42 AM

CALEDON, ON (April 11, 2022) – If you plan to burn yard waste or brush this spring, you’ll need to get a burn permit online or through Service Caledon. 

Springtime brings unwanted grass fires. Grass and brush start to dry out, and fires can spread quickly and easily becoming uncontrollable with the smallest breeze.  Nearly all grass fires spread quickly, igniting brush, trees and even buildings.  Unattended burning is the most common cause of grass fires. 

The Caledon Fire Service...

Happy and Safe Diwali

Lighting up Diwali without fireworks

Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2021 10:27 AM

October 28, 2021 -- Caledon Fire and Emergency Services recognizes the importance of Diwali, the “Festival of Lights," for many in the Caledon community.

The Town often receives inquiries about the use of fireworks during Diwali. We would like to remind everyone that the Town of Caledon’s Fireworks By-Law does not currently permit fireworks during Diwali.

Setting off fireworks on residential properties, sidewalks, streets, public parks, school yards and any other public areas, outside of Victoria...

Bolton Flood

Bolton Flood 2019

Posted on Sunday, March 17, 2019 12:30 PM

(March 27, 2019) Please refer to the information below, or attached, on when a building permit is needed to repair or replace the damages to your home.

As a result of the recent flood, you may be wondering if Building Permits are required to repair or replace the damages to your home.

A Building Permit is required for the following work:
  • Wood Framing
  • Replacement of Insulation
  • New partition walls
  • Interior alterations including finished basement
  • Basement Apartments
  • Relocation or repairs to any plumbing...


House Fire/Explosion on Maple Grove Road

Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2019 02:30 AM

UPDATE (February 7, 2019)

As of noon on February 7, 2019, all the properties affected by Sunday’s house explosion on Maple Grove Road in Caledon Village have been released to their owners.

Many of those homes have been reoccupied but a few have been fenced and/or secured, and will require further inspection and remediation before owners can move back in.

Meanwhile, Town crews and contractors are working to clear debris and ensure local roads are safe for traffic. Caledon OPP will continue to ensure...