Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment
Please note: the application process opens May 13, 2017.
Caledon Fire and Emergency Services is proud of its Volunteer Firefighters.
If you are enthusiastic, driven, disciplined, compassionate, respectful, committed to learning and work well in a team environment, this is your opportunity to join an outstanding crew of first responders.
- Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. (Women only)
- Thursday, May 4, 2017 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 13, 2017 9:00 - 10:30 a.m.
All located at Caledon East Fire Station: 6085 Old Church Road, Caledon East (map)
Volunteer firefighters are expected to respond emergency and non-emergency responses including:
- Structure, vehicle and wild land fires
- Medical emergencies
- Vehicle, machinery and other rescue calls
- Alarm activations and investigations
- Other public assistance calls requiring assistance
- And to develop and maintain an acceptable level of training, knowledge and skill sets as required.
Eligible candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Possess a valid Class G driver's license with no more than three (3) demerit points on the current driver's abstract
- Attend one of the scheduled Orientation Sessions
- Possess a clean vulnerable sector check
- Develop and maintain an acceptable level of training, knowledge and skill as required, and
- Reside within 5 km of a Caledon fire station.
The following criteria would be considered an asset:
- A valid DZ License with no more than three (3) demerit points on a current driver's abstract
- First Aid, CPR and Defib training
- Firefighter Pre-Service education
Volunteer Firefighter Aptitude Test
Qualified candidates must take a Volunteer Firefighter Aptitude Test.View a sample test.
We are currently recruiting for the stations listed below. Please note that not every station has an immediate vacancy. We encourage you to apply now, however, as we will maintain a list of potential candidates in case vacancies open up between now and December 31, 2018.
- Alton (Station 301)
- Bolton (Station 302)
- Caledon East (Station 303)
- Cheltenham (Station 304)
- Inglewood (Station 305)
- Palgrave (Station 306)
- Valleywood (Station 307)
- Mono Mills (Station 308)
- Caledon Village (Station 309)
The 2017 application process opens May 13, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
View current career opportunities at the Town of Caledon