RSS IconRSS Print IconPrint Text Size Plus icon Minus icon


Our team will be happy to assist you with booking your next event!

STEP ONE - Looking for a venue?

Learn more about our facilities and their amenities with our Facilities Finder
Have a look at our at-a-glance Facility Rentals Chart

STEP TWO - What type of request is it?

One-Time / Occasional Rental - Are you looking to book a one-time / occasional rental (i.e. birthday party, family baseball game)?  Please submit a One-Time Rental Request or for more information call 905.584.2272 x. 7327.

Seasonal Rental - Are you looking to book a facility on an on-going or seasonal basis (i.e. meeting room once per month for 6 months or a soccer field every Saturday morning from July - August).  Please submit a Seasonal Rental Request or call 905-584-2272 x. 7327 during business hours (Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)

Seasonal Application Timelines

Facility Type


Application Deadline

Rooms and Halls


September - August


March 31th of current year




September - April


March 31st of current year


Arenas and Floors


April - August


November 15th of previous year


Swimming Pools



September - June

July - August


March 1st of current year

November 15th of previous year


Outdoor Facilities


May - October

(weather permitting)

 January 31st of current year


STEP THREE - Complete and submit your request 

One-Time Rental Request form (pdf)            Seasonal Rental Request form (pdf)

A completed form can be sent by choosing the 'Submit' buttom on the bottom of the completed form, or you may send a completed form to  

Organizing a Successful Event

In order to run a successful event, you may be required to obtain additional permits or documents in order to adhere to local, provincial and federal legislation.

We can help!  Parks and Recreation staff are available to guide you through the event planning process, connect you with resources, and assist with obtaining additional permits.

Need help?  Try our Special Event Organizer Information Guide to get you started

Event Organizer Checklist Terms and Conditions Community Signs Request

Are you serving alcohol?

  • All bookings involving the serving of alcohol need to comply with the Municipal Alcohol Policy & Procedures, and are required to obtain a Special Occasions Permit Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.

Special Occasions Permit Alcohol and Gaming 

Event Organizer Agreement

Do you need a road closure permit?

  • If your event will be taking place on a roadway, or involves closing a roadway, you will be required to obtain a Road Closure Permit.

Road Closure Guidelines Road Closure Application

Will you be setting up tents, or a stage?

  • Depending on the size and number of additional tent structures required for your booking, you may need a Building Permit in order to comply with regulations. Learn more

Facility User Group Insurance Program

The Town of Caledon offers a number of sport and social facilities for rent, whether it's to rent the ice for a shinny hockey game or to host a large event, staff is available to assist you in finding the appropriate venue for your acitivity.  

Many municipalities throughout Canada have introduced a Facility User Group Liability Insurance Program.  The Town of Caledon's Facility User Group Insurance Program is offered to rental users of Town facilities (i.e. ice, fields, rooms and picnic areas) who do not carry their own, or adequate insurance when renting a Town facility.

It is mandatory for rental user groups and individuals to carry liability insurance when renting a Town facility.

A summary of the Facility User Group Insurance Program can be found here.

Insurance Requirements

Groups and individuals responsible for a facility rental are required to produce and maintain, throughout the duration of the Rental Contract, proof of sufficient liability insurance coverage.

The Facility User Group Insurance Program provides the opportunity for individuals or groups renting our facilities to either:

  1. Purchase insurance during the booking process; or
  2. Provide proof that they already have obtained liability insurance that meets the Facility User Group Insurance Program requirements  -  A certificate of insurance naming the Town of Caledon as an additional insured must be received a minimum of two weeks prior to the event date (this includes all third party vendors). 

What is the User Group Insurance Program?

This program provides individuals and/or groups renting a Town facility with liability protection to mitigate the financial exposure resulting from a claims that may result from the Rental Contract.

How to Purchase Insurance?

Facility User Group Insurance coverage can be purchased at the time of the booking.  The cost will be added to your Rental Contract.

What are the Insurance Rates?

Insurance rates are based on the type of activity and perceived risk categories associated with the activity.  To view the rates, click here.

What if I have more questions about the Program?

Frequently asked questions are available here.  Or you may call to speak with one of our Customer Service Representatives (905) 584-2272 x.7327