Voter Information

Caledon Votes

Voters’ List

Make sure you're on the Voters' List! Eligible voters must be on the Voters' List to vote in the 2022 Municipal and School Board Election.

Click here to confirm you are on the list and update your information. If you are not already on the list you can register. This helps ensure the Voter's List is accurate making it easier and more efficient for voters.  



Voter Lookup Graphic

Changes to the Voters' List

Any changes, additions or deletions to the Voters' List can be done by completing the Application to Amend Voters' List and dropping it off or mailing it to Town Hall, 6311 Old Church Road, Caledon East L7C 1J6. The Form can also be sent via email to When submitting the form, include a scan or photocopy of acceptable ID. The preferred form of ID is a driver's licence or an Ontario photo card that shows your qualifying address in the Town of Caledon. 

Voter Eligibility 

You are eligible to vote in the 2022 Municipal and School Board Election if you meet the following criteria on the day you vote:

  • Canadian citizen 
  • at least 18 years of age
  • reside within Caledon or are the owner/tenant of land in the Town, or the spouse of such owner/tenant

You are prohibited from voting if you are:

  • serving a sentence of imprisonment in a penal or correctional institution
  • a corporation
  • acting as executor or trustee or in another representative capacity, except as a voting proxy
  • convicted of a corrupt practice described in section 90(3) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996

Click here for Information regarding the School Board Election and School Support.

There are 3 ways that you can qualify to vote in a municipality:

  1. As a resident elector if you live in the municipality. You may own, rent, live in shared accommodation where you do not pay rent or live in the municipality but do not have a fixed address. Being a resident elector is the most common type of eligibility.
  2. As a non-resident elector if you own or rent property in a municipality, but it’s not the one where you live. You can be a resident elector in only one municipality. However, you can be a non-resident elector in any other municipality (or municipalities) where you own or rent property.
  3. As the spouse of a non-resident elector if your spouse owns or rents property in the municipality or municipalities other than the one where you live. Neither you nor your spouse qualify as a non-resident elector if you do not personally own or rent the property in the municipality. For example, if the property is owned by your business or your cottage is owned by a trust, you would not qualify as a non-resident elector.


There is a special rule for students who may be living away from home while they attend school. If you are a student and consider your “home” to be the place where you live when you are not attending school (that is, you plan on returning there), then you are eligible to vote in both your “home” municipality and in the municipality where you live while attending school.

Voter Notification Cards

Every person on the Town's Voter's List will receive a Voter Notification Card in the mail in mid-September before the advance voting days begin in early October. One package is sent to each address and includes cards for all eligible voters at the property. While you can vote anywhere, the cards will show convenient locations near you as well as dates and times. 

Make sure you bring your Voter Notification Card with you when voting to make it a fast and easy process. When you come to vote, you must bring a separate piece of identification that includes your name and address in order to receive a ballot. Please note that your Voter Notification Card cannot be used as identification. The preferred form of identification is a valid Ontario driver's licence or valid Ontario photo card. If you wish to use a valid health card (photo card only, red and white cards will not be accepted) or valid passport, we will require a second form of identification that shows your qualifying address such as a utility bill, property tax assessment, etc. 


The Town's wards have changed and come into effect on November 15, 2022, the first day of the new term of Council. Click on the map to confirm the ward you are currently eligible to vote in. Click here to view the list of candidates running in the ward where you live. 

If you live in the Town but own more than one property, you are only permitted to vote for the candidates running in the ward where you reside. If you are a non-resident elector and you own or rent properties in more than one ward in the municipality, you must choose one ward to vote in. Make sure that you are on the voters’ list for that qualifying address.

Ward Boundary Map

Voting Locations, Dates and Times

Click here for full details.

Proxy Voting

Click here for information on the process to appoint a Proxy Voter to vote on your behalf.


The Town of Caledon is committed to ensuring an accessible and barrier free Municipal Election. An all new Accessible Election Policy for 2022 was developed and reviewed by the Town's Accessibility Advisory committee. Review the Policy to learn about the steps the Town is taking to ensure an accessible election.  

Learn more about our ongoing dedication to creating an inclusive community.