RSS IconRSS Print IconPrint Text Size Plus icon Minus icon

Regulatory Services and By-law Enforcement


Regulatory Services and By-law Enforcement is responsible for the enforcement of municipal by-laws and related provincial legislation relating to:

  • Animal Services: We enforce animal-related by-laws and operate the Caledon Animal Shelter.
  • Business Licensing: We license various businesses, including taxis, tow trucks and food vehicles. Please visit our Business Licensing page.
  • Parking:  Our parking officers monitor and enforce the Town of Caledon and The Region of Peel traffic by-laws.
  • Property Standards: Our officers monitor private properties and respond to complaints relating to maintenance and safety standards, sign regulations, Zoning By-law, placement and removal of fill, management of woodlots, and other Town by-laws. 

Report a Problem

The Town of Caledon has a smartphone app (for Android, iOS and Windows devices). The app includes a "Report-a-Problem" function that allows you to take a picture and send it in, along with any other information you wish to provide. 

Get our Report-a-Problem app


  • For lost or stray animals, please contact the Animal Services at 905.587.5208 or toll-free 1.866.818.5493. 
  • For property standards issues, please contact Regulatory Services at 905.584.2272 x. 3462, or visit Town Hall to register your complaint.

To aid us in serving you faster, please concisely and accurately describe your complaint and include your name, address, and telephone number, as well as the address or exact location of the believed infraction. 

Other Resources


By-laws are updated on a regular basis. Please visit our By-laws page or contact staff for the most current information. For questions concerning other By-laws or to obtain true and certified copies of By-laws, please contact Legislative Services.

Giant Hogweed

Giant Hogweed is a large, invasive plant that looks similar to Cow Parsnip. It is identifiable by its large size (up to 5 metres) and thick stem with reddish spots. If you suspect that you have Giant Hogweed on your property, the following websites with assist you with both identification and removal methods.


The first step to cleaning up graffiti in the Town of Caledon is reporting it.  If you notice graffiti on your property or in your neighborhood, please report it using our Report-a-Problem app (download the app).  Once a report has been filed, Town of Caledon staff will investigate.  


For more information, please visit the Town's Parking page.

Trees and Woodlands

For more information, see our Trees and Woodlands in Caledon page.


If you have questions or require information, please contact Regulatory Services by phone at 905.584.2272 x. 3462, send an email or visit Town Hall at 6311 Old Church Road in Caledon.