Bolton's Proposed New Fire Station
Construction begins on new fire station in Bolton (April 2016) | News Release
Caledon Fire and Emergency Services Station 302 will be a combined fire and paramedic station located on Highway 50 near Cross Country Boulevard. At approximately 21,700 sq. ft., the new station will be built to LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver standards.
"Caledon's emergency workers have outgrown their current location on Ann Street in Bolton, and everyone has been eagerly anticipating this new station," said Caledon Mayor Allan Thompson. "What is equally exciting is that this important facility will be built to high environmental and aesthetic standards."
The build budget is $7.5 million and will house several pieces of modern fire apparatus, including the aerial ladder as well as accommodations for Peel Regional Paramedic Services to ensure timely response to the community.
About the new location
Throughout the planning and design process, the needs of the community, the first responders and the logistics of emergency services delivery were considered in conjunction with the realities of the site and the architecture of the building. The Town and the Region of Peel worked with a consultant to determine the preferred site location based on current operating practices, response times, trends and challenges, population growth, service needs, transportation access, and alignment with the Town's Master Fire Plan.
The station will be built on lands adjacent to an environmental protection area (EPA) owned by the Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA). The EPA lands will remain in the ownership of the TRCA and will not be developed for the purpose of the fire hall.
Occupancy is anticipated to be late 2017.
Firehall 302: Watch the Video (click play)
Please note: the design below is subject to change
Firehall 302: Design
View a gallery of designs for the new Firehall 302 in Caledon | View a larger version (pdf)
Photo Gallery: Firehall 302 will appear here on the public site.
Frequently Asked Questions printable version (pdf)
November 2015 Update:
- The design of the fire and paramedic station is complete
- Permits and approvals are being finalized with stakeholders
- The excavation required for a stage 4 archaeological assessment was completed in September and the associated report has been submitted to the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport.
- The project is currently out for tender to hire a contractor to complete the construction.
- Construction is anticipated to commence in Spring 2016.
April 2015 Update:
- Two Open Houses took place in March and ZAS Architects Inc. presented the preliminary site layouts and floor plans (see video below) | Download the Design Boards (pdf)
- Direct access to Regional Road 50 has been conditionally granted by the Region
- Current estimated timelines: Tender for Construction Summer 2015, Occupancy Fall 2016.
November 5, 2013 -- Download the Report to Council with the proposed location of the new Bolton Fire Hall (download the pdf).