Overnight Parking Exemption
The Town of Caledon Traffic By-law prohibits overnight parking on the street. An exemption may be given, however, if a resident is not able to accommodate cars in their driveway because of overnight guests or repairs being done to a driveway. Visit caledon.ca/bylaws for more information about parking / traffic.
How to Apply
If you have no other alternative and require a parking exemption, you can
- A parking consideration must be submitted before 1:00 a.m.
- It is valid between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.
- An exemption may be granted up to 10 times per vehicle
An exemption is not valid where a vehicle is found to be in contravention of other traffic rules such as:
- Parking in a no park zone
- Parking during a snow storm and interfering with snow clearing operations
- Parking within 3 metres of a fire hydrant
- Any other parking requirement set out in the Town of Caledon Traffic By-law