Welcome to Caledon Fire and Emergency Services
Caledon Fire and Emergency Service personnel are dedicated to providing effective, efficient, safe and professional fire protection to the residents of Caledon.
Caledon Fire and Emergency Services continues to grow and evolve from its roots when it was created during municipal restructuring in 1974.
During 2013, a number of significant milestones were reached in our community:
- Our team responded to approximately 2,800 emergency calls, with an average response time of 8.17 minutes for the first arriving Fire Company
- We conducted approximately 2,000 building inspections and re-inspections
- Our responders undertook approximately 6,300 hours (180 weeks) of additional Fire/ Rescue/ Medical Training
- 75 firefighters received OFC training in Caledon (40 hours each)
- 24 volunteer firefighters were recruited
- Throughout the year, we issued more than 1,500 Burn Permits (click for more information on how to get your 2014 Burn Permit)
Our priorities for 2014 are to maintain a fire safe community here in the Town of Caledon, using the Town's Master Fire Plan to lead us in public fire protection. A fire safe community comes together through effective, efficient, safe, prompt and professional service, vigilance, and through continued delivery of Public Education Programs and Community Outreach. As well, we depend on the citizens of Caledon to be careful in their homes and places of work, plan and practice escape routes, and install working smoke alarms on each storey of their home.
Thank you for your support and thank you to the dedicated fire professionals working for the Town of Caledon. Together, let’s keep Caledon a fire safe community.
Fire Chief Dave Forfar