Earth Week 2016
Did you know that Earth Day is the largest, most celebrated environmental event worldwide? According to Earth Day Canada (www.earthday.ca), more than 6 million Canadians join 1 billion people in over 170 countries in staging events and projects to address local environmental issues. This year marks the 25th anniversary of Earth Day Canada.
10 things you can do to MAKE IT COUNT during Earth Week
- Eat Local: check out these links:
- Reduce energy consumption: get tips and coupons at saveonenergy.ca
- Carpool or learn more about how your employer can get involved in Smart Commute Brampton Caledon: www.smartcommutebc.ca
- Confused about recycling? Find out what can go in your blue box, green bin or garbage container at Peel Region's www.wheredoesitgo.ca. Recycle household batteries at www.ecocaledon.org.
- Enjoy the Outdoors: Caledon has over 260 kms of publicly accessible trails or visit your local Conservation Area (www.creditvalleyca.ca or www.trcastewardshipevents.ca).
- Reduce your plastic waste! Use a reusable water bottle instead of plastic bottles.
- Go chemical free! Choose products that do not contain harmful chemicals. Learn more here: http://environmentaldefence.ca/issues/kick-out-toxics
- Use a rain barrel to water your lawn! Find out where to get your rain barrel here: https://ecocaledon.org/projects/rain-barrels/
- Reduce wasteful energy! Use a power bar to turn appliances off!
- Consider an electric vehicle! Learn more about the Province's electric vehicle incentive programs at http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/electric-vehicle-incentive-program.shtml
Bike, Walk & Roll Community Event in partnership with the Mayfield West Spring Fair
Spend your Earth Day kick-starting or advancing your sustainable transportation and active lifestyles!
Date: Saturday, April 23rd, 2016
Location: Southfields Village Public School's soccer field
Details: All ages, registration is not required
Admission Fees: FREE!
Earth Day at Peel Art Gallery Musuem + Archives
Date: Sunday, April 24, 2016
Time: 1:00PM - 4:30PM
Location: 9 Wellington St. E, Brampton ON
Details: All ages & pre-registration required
Admission Fees: Adults - $5; Students and Seniors - $4; Families (2 adults and up to 5 kids) - $12
Is your Caledon organization hosting an Earth Week event? We want to know about it! Email email@example.com and tell us about your Earth Week event.