Caledon Tourism Strategy
Adopted by Council on September 9, 2014, the Tourism Strategy provides a plan to enhance and expand local tourism opportunities / experiences and identifies potential Pan American Games legacy opportunities in order to support community vibrancy, local economic growth and resiliency.
The Tourism Strategy includes an implementation plan that identifies short to longer-term (5+ years) priorities to develop the local tourism sector.
Download the Tourism Strategy
The Strategy is based around the following principles:
- Balance between Resident Needs and Tourism Opportunities
- Developing a Year-Round Tourism Season
- Increase Tourism Yield
- Community and Environmental Benefits
- Taking Ownership of the Municipal Tourism Role
Recommended Actions for Implementation fall within the following categories:
- Tourism Capacity Development
- Marketing and Promotion of Market Ready Experiences
- Destination Development through Product and Experience Development
- Enhance Sport Tourism Opportunities
- Tourism Infrastructure Development
- Measuring Success
For more information regarding the Town of Caledon Tourism Strategy please contact: Sandra Dolson, Economic Development Officer, by phone at 905-584-2272 x. 4152 or by email at email@example.com.