Posted on Monday March 13, 2017
UPDATE (March 15, 2017) The winter parking ban issued on March 13, 2017 has been lifted. Regular parking rules still apply. For more information visit caledon.ca/parking. Please note that as of March 15, 2017 there are restrictions on heavy truck traffic on Town roads. For more information about "half-load" season, visit caledon.ca/roads.
The Town of Caledon has issued a Winter Parking Ban effective 11:59 p.m. Monday, March 13, 2017.
All vehicles must be removed from roadways in order to ensure safe and timely road clearing.
Any vehicles on the roadway before the ban must still comply with other parking rules, including not interfering with snow clearing operations
The Winter Parking Ban will remain in place until it is lifted by the Town of Caledon.
What do I need to know about snow removal and winter parking bans in Caledon?
- Following a forecast by Environment Canada for a snowfall of 7 cm or greater, or ice coverage, the Town of Caledon may issue a Winter Parking Ban.
- When a Winter Parking Ban has been issued, vehicles may not be parked on roadways in Caledon at any time until the ban is lifted.
- Any Overnight Parking Exemptions that have been granted will be cancelled.
- Parking Enforcement Officers will work in conjunction with Road Clearing Crews ticketing/towing vehicles in violation of the Ban, in order to ensure compliance and safety of drivers and citizens.
- Vehicle owners are responsible for tickets and towing charges.
- Upon completion of road clearing operations and based on weather forecast information, the Town of Caledon will lift the Winter Parking Ban.
- Visit caledon.ca/winterparking for more information
- 30 -
Media Contact: Laura Johnston, Executive Director, Strategic Initiatives, Town of Caledon
905.584.2272 x.4108 | firstname.lastname@example.org